This policy outlines the circumstances under which Wesley Mission will refund a donation.
This policy applies to all those who make financial donations to HOUSE OF PRAYER and HOUSE OF PRAYER employees and volunteers responsible for processing and managing financial donations.
Wesley Mission expects that anyone wishing to donate consider their decision carefully and check donation amounts during transactions.
Wesley Mission recognises that it is possible to make an error when making on line donation or for the donors to change their mind about the donation made. It can also occur that an error can be made by HOUSE OF PRAYER or our financial institution.
Under this policy HOUSE OF PRAYER will endeavour to refund donations in accordance with the following principles:
- If an error is made in making on line donation or if the donor changes their mind, we will honor all requests for refund that are made in writing within 30 days of the date the donation was made. The written refund request should include the details of the initial transaction including date, donation amount, donor’s name, ID, tax invoice number and the nature of the error.
- Requests for refund can be sent by email, mail or fax:
- HOUSE OF PRAYER will fully examine all requests for refund and endeavour to ensure that genuine errors are rectified, however we are under no obligation to give refunds and the decision on refunds will be at HOUSE OF PRAYER’s discretion
- If an amount is adjusted by HOUSE OF PRAYER, the original receipt issued for the incorrect amount will become invalid and a new receipt will be issued for the amount of the adjusted donation
- HOUSE OF PRAYER reserves the right to pass any refund transaction charged onto the donor
- Refunds will be returned using the original method of payment – if donation has been made by credit card, the refund must be credited to that same credit card
- Should an error be made by HOUSE OF PRAYER or our financial institution(s), a refund of the full amount will be made once we are notified of the error in writing.
Responsibility and policy owner
The owner of this policy is the General Manager, HOUSE OF PRAYER Corporate.
The owner is responsible for implementing the policy and achieving the desired outcomes.
All HOUSE OF PRAYER employees and volunteers responsible for receiving and processing donations shall:
- respect and value all those who donate to Wesley Mission
- ensure donation processes are secure and transparent
- build trusting relationships with regular donors and partners
- respond proactively to any issues arising in regard to donation refunds
- communicate respectfully and professionally with those who request a refund raise any issues or concerns that arise with Wesley Mission management regarding donation refunds.
Consultation and approval
This policy has been developed in consultation with the Executive Manager, HOUSE OF PRAYER, Fundraising & Volunteering and the Quality Risk & Compliance Steering Committee.
The policy has been approved by HOUSE OF PRAYER Management Committee.